Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When your working on you car dont forget about your prostate. They say 1 out of 2 men get Prostate Cancer and i was one of them. If your 45 and up get er done. Its a simple blood test that reads your PSA level. If your level is over 2 keep checking it every 4 months and if it spikes to 4 and up have a biopsey. You need to catch this early if you want to drive your Vette to old age. If you got it there are great treatments like the Cyber Knife that just burns the cells and you can still have a good ride if you know what i mean!!!!:seeya:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
When your working on you car dont forget about your prostate. They say 1 out of 2 men get Prostate Cancer and i was one of them. If your 45 and up get er done. Its a simple blood test that reads your PSA level. If your level is over 2 keep checking it every 4 months and if it spikes to 4 and up have a biopsey. You need to catch this early if you want to drive your Vette to old age. If you got it there are great treatments like the Cyber Knife that just burns the cells and you can still have a good ride if you know what i mean!!!!:seeya:
Good info... Thanks for posting this... "Rico"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Prostate Cancer check up

I agree. I am a 5 year survivor. If you are told your PSA score is high-get a second opinion. If your urologist wants to use a "knife" get a second opinion.
If you are in the New England area-the best place I found to be is MGH in Boston. If anyone wants to talk about the plus and minus of this insidious disease. Drop me a line.
In the meantime,
I enjoy life and my 87 C4.
Paul:thumbsup3:

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. I am a 5 year survivor. If you are told your PSA score is high-get a second opinion. If your urologist wants to use a "knife" get a second opinion.
If you are in the New England area-the best place I found to be is MGH in Boston. If anyone wants to talk about the plus and minus of this insidious disease. Drop me a line.
In the meantime,
I enjoy life and my 87 C4.
Paul:thumbsup3:
hi Paul, what was your psa before the biopsey and what was your Gleason score. Mine was psa was 4.7 and my Gleason was 5. I did the 45 treatments with cyber knife. Im now below 1. Things been ok for the last 2 years. Just a funny feeling with sex.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts