Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Smokin Vendor
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pfadt customers typically fall into two categories: Corvette or Camaro enthusiast. We know what they are both capable of....but which one would win in a race? Which one looks better? Which one is a real muscle car? Which one would win a a Tug-O-War?

Click on the your favorite car above and "Like" your choice to show your support.

Lets get Smokin' Vette members on board to show Camaro owners they do NOT run the streets!

By just being a Fan of Pfadt, you will be able to see the EXCLUSIVE discount code that will only be good for a limited amount of time. The vehicle with the most "likes" will have 5 people picked at random to receive an extra $100 coupon code valid for website orders!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have owned both cars and have much love for both. In high school I had a 67 Camaro with a 327 and a powerglide. Pretty unimpressive by todays standards, but back then it was the sweetest ride a high school kid could have. In 2002 I got a 99 Z28. LS1/auto, great car. Truly felt like a C5 vette 2+2. Finally traded up to 2002 C5 convertible M6. I think I'll always be a vette man from here on out, I'm spoiled now. My only experience with the new Camaro was a rental car I had on a business trip. It was an SS with the paddle shift (actually buttons). It was cool, but had nothing on a Vette. So, bottom line, Corvette wins, but I would take a Camaro before just about any other car.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have owned both as well. To me a Camaro was a pony car a Corvette on the other hand has always been a sports car in my eyes. A Camaro has a back seat there for you can put kids a groceries back there. A Corvette only has room for 1 other passenger. They dont call it America's Only True Sports Car for nothing :1sm258fight:Camaro= pony car Corvette = Sports Car no need to compare

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You can count me in as 4. Besides, what happened to make Camaro owners think they owned the streets?
Ive talked to a lot of them at shows They all want to talk crap on the Corvette. I had a 74 and a 85 IROC. Never did they compare to my 74 or 85 vette.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I considered a new Camaro SS when purchasing my last Vette.
My son put it best, "Dad , three years from now which would you rather own, the used Camaro or a Vette?"
Needless to say, I bought the Vette! The only way I'd get a Camaro is if I could have both!

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
I read a while back that Corvette was being entered in the Ginnis book of world records for the best (engineered) machine of all times. And if i had a second choice id get the cobra mustang over the camaro anytime.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Have you driven the new Camaro V6. I have and it is pathetic, just like the new 6 Challenger. The ladies will like them...LOL
You should have test drove the SS.

I know how you feel about pathetic cars thats why I got the Z06 and not the stanadard C5.

The funny thing is that V6 has a peak 312 Hp at the crank, that's 38 less than the standard C5. I think that's impressive for a V6.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts