Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Corvette Clubs

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  toobroketoretire 
#1 ·
I joined a Corvette club in Fresno 30+ years ago and quickly became tired of it. They would schedule a lengthy trip about every six months and rather than driving on scenic roads they drove on freeways to get to the destination as fast as possible and then bar hopped. It seemed getting wasted was their only goal and as I am a non-drinker I quit the club after a couple of years. I joined the club again in 2007 with the hope things would be different but it wasn't as the young drunks were then just older drunks.

#2 ·
Need Help please. For anyone willing, my email address is lrdriftur@gmail.com so we can communicate easier if your ok with that. So I would like to buy a 1980 Corvette and resto mod it. It is a very personal project that I am very passionate about. Growing up, my father owned a white 1980 Corvette with blue interior. My sister and I used to take the teetops off and my dad would drive us around as we stood up in the front seat and had fun. After we would do to Mc Donalds and eat ice cream and french fries. If was some of the happiest days of my childhood. My father was a mechanic his entire life and is now 78 years old. I really want to buy the exact same white with blue interior vette and make it into a restomod with my father so I will always have that to remember him by. I need to keep the costs down but I am running out of time to do this with my father. Anyone who is able to help me, please reach out.

Thanks so much

Sion

#3 ·
Need Help please. For anyone willing, my email address is lrdriftur@gmail.com so we can communicate easier if your ok with that. So I would like to buy a 1980 Corvette and resto mod it. It is a very personal project that I am very passionate about. Growing up, my father owned a white 1980 Corvette with blue interior. My sister and I used to take the teetops off and my dad would drive us around as we stood up in the front seat and had fun. After we would do to Mc Donalds and eat ice cream and french fries. If was some of the happiest days of my childhood. My father was a mechanic his entire life and is now 78 years old. I really want to buy the exact same white with blue interior vette and make it into a restomod with my father so I will always have that to remember him by. I need to keep the costs down but I am running out of time to do this with my father. Anyone who is able to help me, please reach out.

Thanks so much

Sion
1980 Corvettes are plentiful and all of the interior parts are easily obtained from many Corvette vendors. Note the 1980 California C3's only came with 305's but there's nothing wrong with them other than giving up some torque.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.