Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to replace the coolant sensor in a 1987 Corvette? Also where abouts it's located? I had a buddy of mine who's a mechanic and is almost positive it's located inside the engine block directly behind the fan...is that it? And about how much should I excpect to pay for a new sensor?

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
Does anybody know how to replace the coolant sensor in a 1987 Corvette? Also where abouts it's located? I had a buddy of mine who's a mechanic and is almost positive it's located inside the engine block directly behind the fan...is that it? And about how much should I excpect to pay for a new sensor?

The temperature gauge's sender or the computer's coolant sensor that tells your computer how hot your engine is? I believe the gauge's sender is screwed into the left-side cylinder head just behind #1 spark plug and the computer's sensor is screwed into the right/front of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Haynes page 6-7...........It is located in the front of the intake manifold. If it failed you would get a code 14 or 15.

From your 2 posts looks to me like you need to get a Haynes repair manual for your car and possibly a Factory Service Manual before you run up huge bills from misinformation...........

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Uploaded pic to this site so it will be here long after photobucket deletes it. Because a pic is worth a thousand words. I hate finally finding a thread that answers my question and seeing that photo bucket icon where the vital pic use to be.

btw, Good to see you back..

All Hail the Great and Powerful OZ....:rockon6rk:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts