Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm converting this 1990 corvette to look like a 95-96 but really prefer the 90 front bumper cover over the 91-up front cover. We both know the thick/thin beltline dilema though. So Bought my self a heat gun and two spare 91-up door moldings and went to work.

There are a few bugs to work out. For one you have to join the two door moldings in the center of the bumper. No biggie a urethane repair kit will fuse the two pieces together. I also have to grind the corners down a bit and then add some urethane and re-contour it. Then have to contour where the ends meet the wheel wells.

So yes with some work you can completely eliminate the thin molding on any 84-90 and have it look like factory molding.

Here is where the two pieces have to be fused together

obviously I have a 91-up rear bumper but with a little bending and work you can add the door molding to the rear 84-90 bumper as well and it fits very nicely.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
You do know that Eckler's and Corvette Central sell the 84-90 bumpers with the wide molding already on them, don't you??? Or at least they did a few years ago and can probably still run you off a set... If i remember right they also sold the 91 up fenders with the narrow belt line???
But i do have to comend you for putting that much thought and effort into this. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
what would that be ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Am I missing something or are u planning on running over elementary school children?:eek2:
Yeah thats why I am rebuilding this vette to run over kids .... J/K .... Have you ever seen the moms drive there? They would trash a fiberglass bumper in a day easy. Plus the car will be in parking lots etc ... It's not going to be a pampered glamourized garage queen. Going to be a everyday car and treated as such

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Yeah thats why I am rebuilding this vette to run over kids .... J/K .... Have you ever seen the moms drive there? They would trash a fiberglass bumper in a day easy. Plus the car will be in parking lots etc ... It's not going to be a pampered glamourized garage queen. Going to be a everyday car and treated as such
Those darn Women in those Vans!!! Wdf! Speeding, no signaling, cutting off.....it's terrible lol.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Yeah thats why I am rebuilding this vette to run over kids .... J/K ....
rats...just as this thread was getting interesting.......:smilielol5:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts