Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone happen to know the difference between the Cobalt CS-R and the Cobalt XR2 C6 brake pads? The XR2's are about $20 more than the CS-R's.

I've done some searches here and it seems like Hawk pads and Carbo Tech pads are pretty popular. How would these Cobalt pads compare?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Do you get any nose from those pads? I know some high performance pads will give you some squeaking noise?
I use the Xrs at the track and no you cant use them on the street because of the awful squeaking

·
Registered
776 Posts
That bad? How about their other pads?
I don't think you should compromise on street vs track so
I have a set of Hawk HP that i change out each time for the street. takes about an hour to:
raise rear, take off wheels, swap pads, lower..
do the same to the front.

IMO you really should inspect everything after race day anyway. only way to do it is to take the wheels off.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Would anyone happen to know the difference between the Cobalt CS-R and the Cobalt XR2 C6 brake pads? The XR2's are about $20 more than the CS-R's.

I've done some searches here and it seems like Hawk pads and Carbo Tech pads are pretty popular. How would these Cobalt pads compare?
I can tell you about Hawk HPS vs Cobalt XR. Slowing down from 200+ mph on The Cobalts I'm guessing is 30% more stopping power on the same stock rotors. I feel way more confident on them. but of course you cannot use them on the street because of the noise.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't think you should compromise on street vs track so
I have a set of Hawk HP that i change out each time for the street. takes about an hour to:
raise rear, take off wheels, swap pads, lower..
do the same to the front.

IMO you really should inspect everything after race day anyway. only way to do it is to take the wheels off.
You really get into your racing, so you swap out the pads each time?

·
Registered
776 Posts
yep. sometimes if i am busy i will run the cobalts on the street until the noise drives me crazy and i'll swap.
I just got these AP racing in see pic below..

Im swapping the Z51 setup out. that setup with the Hawk HP, cobalts, stainless lines will be for sale shortly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts