Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, i need some expert help,i have upgraded my 85 c4 with a strong 383 along with a zf 6 speed and 373 gears. I installed a new stock pressure plate and disk, well it dont hold. I drive rite thru it,i need to upgrade to a better clutch kit.does anyone know of a good unit to solve this problem, P.S. I HAVE DUEL MASS FLYWHEEL AND HAD IT BAL. AND RESURFACED

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Hello everyone, i need some expert help,i have upgraded my 85 c4 with a strong 383 along with a zf 6 speed and 373 gears. I installed a new stock pressure plate and disk, well it dont hold. I drive rite thru it,i need to upgrade to a better clutch kit.does anyone know of a good unit to solve this problem, P.S. I HAVE DUEL MASS FLYWHEEL AND HAD IT BAL. AND RESURFACED

Are you saying it slips when you put power to it? Are you sure there is clearance between the throwout bearing and pressure plate fingers?

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
its basically a flywheel within a flywheel..with springs and a friction ring.. great for smooth shifting, not so good for high output engines or forced induction..

·
Registered
319 Posts
Did you change rear seal on engine. Leaks. And soaks clutch. JUST CHANGE It. When you go that far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts