Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Climate control display flashes....has anyone ever had this happen to them? I have a 2006 Coupe. Owners manual does not address. On next start-up everything was fine. It's bugging me. Does anyone have an explanation? Thanks

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
may be on the way out. mine acted weird and the next time I drove the car it was dead. Fortunately it was under warranty when it happened.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Climate Control Display Flashes

Still having this intermittent problem. Tell me if I'm crazy....but it only occurs when I use the "#1" FOB. I know that the FOB remembers presets. Do you thinks the #1 FOB is sending erroneous signals?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Climate control display flashes....has anyone ever had this happen to them? I have a 2006 Coupe. Owners manual does not address. On next start-up everything was fine. It's bugging me. Does anyone have an explanation? Thanks
My 1990 is also flashing sometimes. Works for a while, locks up etc. Youtube has a video showing that the buttons are membrane contacts like a TV remote, that can be cleaned with a pencil eraser and Isopropyl Alcohol, after disassembly. Ozzstar's Cars Climate Control Repair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 1990 is also flashing sometimes. Works for a while, locks up etc. Youtube has a video showing that the buttons are membrane contacts like a TV remote, that can be cleaned with a pencil eraser and Isopropyl Alcohol, after disassembly. Ozzstar's Cars Climate Control Repair.
[/QUOTE
Glade I found this again. Just removed min
Glade I found this again. I just removed mine and cleaned it. Was just as described in the video., and it was dirty. Put it all back in now the car won't crank or start. It may have tripped the theft
Be careful. just cleaned mine, and now the car won't start. must have triggered the theft deterrent. Not sure if it is because I removed the climate control head or didn't connect something. I will have to take it apart again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Be careful. just cleaned mine, and now the car won't start. must have triggered the theft deterrent. Not sure if it is because I removed the climate control head or didn't connect something. I will have to take it apart again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did a quick search on VATS theft deterrent. Locked the driver side door with the key and unlocked. That cleared the problem, now starts. I will disconnect the battery next time I fool around with the electrical system. Cleaning the Climate Control Head didn't fix mine. I will now have to look at relays and actuator motors. Good Luck with yours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone knows if 2008 Coupe needs aircon chemical washing? I only know house units need them for maintainece every now and then, but not sure about smaller units like in cars. Any advice?
Dont think it does bro. Cars usually have their own clearning system, nothing too complicated like those bigger units at home. Of course its best to check, as every car is different. Of course if you want to know more about aircon chemical washing, this website has pretty extensive stuff, can check it out yea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dont think it does bro. Cars usually have their own clearning system, nothing too complicated like those bigger units at home. Of course its best to check, as every car is different. Of course if you want to know more about aircon chemical washing, this website has pretty extensive stuff, can check it out yea.
Avoid Mitsubishi's aircon. Only one out of ten could do an overhaul on it. I went to this site Find Reliable Home Professionals In Singapore | SGHomeNeeds and only LKBrothers could do the job. I burned through 9 other contacts before I reached one that can actually do an aircon chemical wash

1 - 11 of 11 Posts