Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, may-be someone out there can help .I have a 2011 GS conv. with 1400 miles. When I seat in it I hear clicking sounds coming from behind the dash and when the engine is running and put my foot on the break I also hear clicking from behind the dash dose anyone out there hear clicking in their 2011 or 2010

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Most likely you are hearing the brake pedal sensor and the brake relay. The dealer may tell you it is normal. You're not the first with this issue. If you complain a couple times, they will eventually replace them under warranty. Replacement made mine marginally better.

·
Registered
401 Posts
hey smokey! welcome to the board. :burnout:

there are sensors all over the car and I hear mine clicking sometime when I first get in.
pushing clutch in to get ready to push the start button clicks, and again when the start button is pushed just before firing up.

My problem is, I hear a clicking going down the road, just behind the caution light switch, intermittent, random, and it's two clicks back to back.

If I turn the AC and radio off, I can really hear it.
When I cut car off, and back on, it goes away (for a while) .
It's only happened two or three times. Hope it's not something going bad, if so I would have no idea what.
Almost sounds like the vent selector is trying to select which vents to blow air out of and might be stuck or electronically confused.

good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts