Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 C6 that is making a clicking sould when I am turning or stopping. It does not do it everytime. I have had the suspension tightend and it is not as bad. I heard that it could be a clip on brakes. Please help on possible fixes. thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
if you have the stock end links for the sways still, 90% probability it is them. if you are still under warranty dealer will replace them.

very easy replacement if you have to do it

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Try and replicate it. Bounce the car and see if you can hear it. Jack the front end up and try to move the wheel around untill it makes the noise, etc... You can't fix it unless you can pinpoint it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bet that it is the sway links. because i dont feel it in the steering just in the floor. I can make it do it when I want to. But they have not been able to pin point it. To me it sound like a link is popping. What do you suggest the best parts to fix it with. Thanks guys for the quick response.

·
Registered
776 Posts
^^^^

you said clicking first, then popping. on the rear it sounds like a pop/clunk. front might sound like pop/click...

you can get aftermarket end links that have real races in them like LG or pfadt teflon lined(pricey and what i did) or just go back with OEM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts