Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you cleaning yours with out taking the wheels off the car? Just checking to see if there is any super tools to make the job easier.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Get a bottle of superclean . It comes in a purple bottle and you can find it at Mallwort. This is the very best cleaner I have ever used. Honestly, you just mist it on then rinse off.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I buy the cheap $1. spongy things on the end of a plastic stick things at the 99 cent store.
They last about 4-5 washes and then start to come apart. Disposable and cheap.
Take your wheels off 2x per year, and give them a good cleaning then 2 coats of rejex. Your life will be a LOT easier.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Are those bristles soft or hard?
The bristles on the Daytona brush are fairly soft and have feathered ends to keep from scratching your wheels finish.

Soft, nonabrasive 2 inch bristles. Whether the wheels are aluminum or clear coated, they can be scratched by the wrong brush. The Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush features nylon Nylex bristles that are both flexible and durable. The end of each bristle is feathered to provide an extra gentle touch on delicate wheel finishes. Use the Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush on highly polished aluminum, chrome, stainless, clear coated, and painted wheels with confidence.
They can also be found at Autogeek
http://www.autogeek.net/ezdebrfca.html?gclid=CIrQ7bmY96MCFQdGagodknq-Gg

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
If you take the wheels of for any reason,wax the backspace with a good cleaner wax and it will make cleaning a lot easier.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Power Stick is awesome, however I pull the wheels at least once a year to do the old toothbrush treatment. That way I can inspect all the goodies underneath.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts