Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, its been a while since I have been on here and I finall pulled the top end off the vetter and plan on putting a cam in it. I have called comp, lunati and isky. They all have a great selection and I'm having a hard time choosing one. I dont want to change valve springs. I have looked a the 260 from comp and th barebones from lunati. Has anybody had anything experience with either of these or another cam?

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
there are a few members with the Comp 268, they seem happy with them..couple guys are running the Thumper series,and the 280, but with other mods too, Toobroke runs an Isky I think,also with other mods....and I personally have a Howards Full Roller set-up, but its not for the faint hearted..

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
there are a few members with the Comp 268, they seem happy with them..couple guys are running the Thumper series,and the 280, but with other mods too, Toobroke runs an Isky I think,also with other mods....and I personally have a Howards Full Roller set-up, but its not for the faint hearted..

I'm running a 214/214 Erson roller so I could stay within my state's emission requirements. Then to compliment my cam I changed over to 3.54's in the rear and added a 2000 rpm converter.

I see you have a 1980 and I'm assuming it has 2.72's in the rear? If so you need to stay with a short duration high lift cam to maintain your driveability. An RV cam is about what you need.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I'm more concerned with the second thing to go :eek2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for allthe replys. I am still trying to decided which one I want. I have about a month to make up my mind. I also saw the Lunati Barebones cam as well. I wouldnt mind the 268 from Comp but I woud have to do a bit extra to do that. I am also looking at some headers and saw flowtech and some hedman elite's. Decisions decisions...

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
the tech guys at Comp Cams can make a good recomendation for what your goals are.. as to headers, I have the Hedman..I like the gasketless collector flange design. 3 years and no leaks at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts