Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not wait anylonger. Today was decent enough, the roads have been dry for two days up here in the Great White North. So today was the day.
I pushed the Green Shark out of the shop. ( the 500 lift cam dusts the floor if I fire it up inside)
Oh man it sounds nice. I took it out on the county road and just lit it up. I'll tell you there is nothing like looking out over bulged hood between the two big fender swells as the road just gets gobled up and the fence posts just keep getting smaller in the rear view mirror.
Oh well it's raing again. Damm lying ground hog varmit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Dave that you don't get the passion of owning and driving a Corvette. Maybe you have more passion about driving a Hyuindi Elantra. Also if you want to quote someone do not make up phrases and then apply an improper use of quotation marks. Punctuation and the use of capitals are also a good idea.
Sorry one last thing, a spring brake is a parking brake for air operated brakes. Very different from a Spring Break, which is a week of drunken, wet t-shirt parties often associated with Daytona Beach.
I hope this clears a few things up for you. If not I can forward you a book. Fun with **** and Jane and Their Shared Passion of Owning a Corvettee.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
shark, I know you are new to the site, first welcome, and second ,I think everyone of us share the passion of owning these classics.. that said, lighten up..he just was trying to be funny..Ok , unsuccessfully trying to be funny! No need to correct someones spelling or puntuation around here, or you won t have time to post anything else, EH!..[ that also was a joke!]

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sorry Dave that you don't get the passion of owning and driving a Corvette. Maybe you have more passion about driving a Hyuindi Elantra. Also if you want to quote someone do not make up phrases and then apply an improper use of quotation marks. Punctuation and the use of capitals are also a good idea.
Sorry one last thing, a spring brake is a parking brake for air operated brakes. Very different from a Spring Break, which is a week of drunken, wet t-shirt parties often associated with Daytona Beach.
I hope this clears a few things up for you. If not I can forward you a book. Fun with **** and Jane and Their Shared Passion of Owning a Corvettee.
First, that day was dark humor day, but as now i know its not funny
Second, I have passion for vettes owned mine for 5 years and i have bleed for my vette
Third, "woke-up" is a slang word so you buy a book or send me $60 and i will buy and send a remedial English book

·
Registered
584 Posts
OK i admit didn't read the user title at the time and thought my joke was funny
P.S if you can still understand it (mis-spelled words) it is incorrect on grammar but the meaning is still the same

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
I could not wait anylonger. Today was decent enough, the roads have been dry for two days up here in the Great White North. So today was the day.
I pushed the Green Shark out of the shop. ( the 500 lift cam dusts the floor if I fire it up inside)
Oh man it sounds nice. I took it out on the county road and just lit it up. I'll tell you there is nothing like looking out over bulged hood between the two big fender swells as the road just gets gobled up and the fence posts just keep getting smaller in the rear view mirror.
Oh well it's raing again. Damm lying ground hog varmit.

The weather here is still real crappy as it has rained non-stop for several days with no let-up in sight. So my 3 Vettes remain parked until the weather gets better.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
OK i admit didn't read the user title at the time and thought my joke was funny
P.S if you can still understand it (mis-spelled words) it is incorrect on grammar but the meaning is still the same
don t worry about it Dave,no big deal. he just didn t get the groundhog and the "woke up" connection..Canadians have no sense of humor...must be all that snow. thats just another joke shark, don t send me any Global Warming books.LOL!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I cleaned out our Tornado shelter last night. So just for the heck of it I backed the Vette out in the drive way. Cleaned everything up and went to put it back in. But not with out making a cloud my self :burnout:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I haven't used my vette in 2-3 weeks the gas tank sprung a leak and try ed to weld it ( did not work) and just ordered the new tank today so hopefully I will use it on the weekend

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
don t worry about it Dave,no big deal. he just didn t get the groundhog and the "woke up" connection..Canadians have no sense of humor...must be all that snow. thats just another joke shark, don t send me any Global Warming books.LOL!
Oh slayer of fish. I can see why you would think Canadians have no sense of humor (or humour eh). Your country has managed to steal all our great comedians; Dan Akroyd, John Candy, Mike Myers, Jim Carey, Alan Thicke; never mind he doesn't really count.
Anyway we are actually a nation with great comedic talents.
Now with our strong Canadian Dollar compared to your American peso it works very well for us to import all kinds of parts to help beat the rust belt of our cold, Canadian winters.

There is no snow today but it is calling for 3-5 centermetres (centimeters eh) for tomorrow, or 6-7 feet in english terms.
Yeah I miss the sun.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Oh slayer of fish. I can see why you would think Canadians have no sense of humor (or humour eh). Your country has managed to steal all our great comedians; Dan Akroyd, John Candy, Mike Myers, Jim Carey, Alan Thicke; never mind he doesn't really count.
Now with our strong Canadian Dollar compared to your American peso it works very well for us to import all kinds of parts to help beat the rust belt of our cold, Canadian winters.

There is no snow today but it is calling for 3-5 centermetres (centimeters eh) for tomorrow, or 6-7 feet in english terms.
Yeah I miss the sun.
Welcome back Shark. The reason all your comedians are here is because we pay better! Glad to see you found your sense of humor, after all. And if you reach the point where you just can t stand all that snow anymore, you can always visit down here.. its 84 degrees[ thats Farenheit, 29 Celsius to you guys] today and sunny! Had the top down, this morning .It was great!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah keep bragging about all the sun you get to enjoy year round. I too drove around topless yeaterday. Although it did upset the lady at the drive through Tim Horton's ( another thing pirated by the Americans)
As for coming south I do have a place in St. Pete's, Fla. My wife was there last week and sent me daily forcasts while up here was cold and crappy.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
its not warm here all the time, we had 4 whole days this winter of temperatures all the way down to 33 degrees F. ! It was brutal! I almost went out and bought a sweater! LOL!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
did we steal them or did they escape ? :smilielol5:

thanks for the tar sands oil :woowoo:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh to live in a land a low taxes, high temperatures, and communist free health care where you actually have a choice.
Anyway, yes I am jealous of the Texas sun. I fly a Texas flag in front of my house (correct side up) and dream of moving my American Quater Horse operation there. But they also need horses up here.
Today the temperature is damm cold, 50 mph winds from the east, 4 inches of snow and the possibility of freezing rain. So today I am holed up inside nursing my injuries (horse training accident) and restoring my L-82 air cleaner. I hope to get the first finish coat on today once the primer sets up. Them maybe by Friday I can install it and stare at the Green Shark sitting in the garage. Maybe open a real Coors beer, which I recently smuggled into the country along with my big box of pieces and parts from Corvette America.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts