Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Carbon fiber driveshaft

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Josh 
#1 ·
Anyone have one of these installed?

#18 ·
Pfadt Carbon Driveshaft Specs

Hey guys! Just thought I would pop in and give some insight into our CFDS! Powerlabs you are absolutly correct, the carbon driveshaft alone is only 1.7 lbs lighter then stock.

Here is some additional information:

OEM "guibo" = 478g / each
OEM "guibo" hardware = 367g / per side
OEM driveshaft = 2,220g
OEM Total = 3,910g

Pfadt Flex Disk = 92g / each
Pfadt Flex Disk hardware = 134g / per side
Pfadt driveshaft = 1,405g
Pfadt Total = 1,857g

Total weight savings = 2,053g = 4.5 lbs
Reduction in Moment of Inertia = 13%

Quick story:
During some testing of our C6 Z06 before a enduro event one of our other drivers, who also drives a C6 Z06, inquired about the engine modifications. He was shocked when we said that everything in the engine from the intake air filter to the tip of the muffler cans was stock. He was so impressed with the throttle response that he thought it had to have a different cam and tune. In reality it was simply removing the compliance in the OEM driveshaft system that made the car feel more responsive.

Hope this sheds more light on this product. Please let me know if you have any questions!
:cheers:

#19 ·
Hey guys! Just thought I would pop in and give some insight into our CFDS! Powerlabs you are absolutly correct, the carbon driveshaft alone is only 1.7 lbs lighter then stock.

Here is some additional information:

OEM "guibo" = 478g / each
OEM "guibo" hardware = 367g / per side
OEM driveshaft = 2,220g
OEM Total = 3,910g

Pfadt Flex Disk = 92g / each
Pfadt Flex Disk hardware = 134g / per side
Pfadt driveshaft = 1,405g
Pfadt Total = 1,857g

Total weight savings = 2,053g = 4.5 lbs
Reduction in Moment of Inertia = 13%

Quick story:
During some testing of our C6 Z06 before a enduro event one of our other drivers, who also drives a C6 Z06, inquired about the engine modifications. He was shocked when we said that everything in the engine from the intake air filter to the tip of the muffler cans was stock. He was so impressed with the throttle response that he thought it had to have a different cam and tune. In reality it was simply removing the compliance in the OEM driveshaft system that made the car feel more responsive.

Hope this sheds more light on this product. Please let me know if you have any questions!
:cheers:
That is great info! I have one quick question: How is the drivetrain noise and vibration inside the car with this driveshaft; is it noticeably louder?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.