Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help!! car won't even attempt to turn over. i keep a tender on it and battery is showing voltage. even tried jump starting and nothin. any suggestions?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a few questions.

1. Is your car an auto or stick? IF it is a stick, have you checked your clutch switch?

2. You say it doesn't do anything, do you here clicking behind the center console area?

3. Do you get a "No fob detected message on your DIC?

DJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car is a stick. not aware of a clutch switch? car makes one click when push start is pushed. not getting the "no fob detected"

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would try putting an actual battery charger on it and leaving it for a while instead of a tender. See what happens. How old is the current battery?

·
Registered
147 Posts
First make sure your floor mat is not affecting the full travel of your clutch pedal, then try to start your car and let the clutch out and push it back in while trying to start it.
Since I do not know you, can you tell me if I sent you some points to do voltage checks. Could you do it?

DJ

·
Registered
308 Posts
Was there a load test done on the battery or just a voltage test between the terminals? If there was just a voltage test you might want to have it "load" tested.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
If you are just hearing one click , it could be starter solenoid pulling in but your starter is not turning. So why is your starter not turning?.... either your motor could be locked up or your starter brushes are not making contact. If you have an ammeter you could check the current draw to the starter.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
You are going to get dirty if you want to fix it
jack 'er up

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you are just hearing one click , it could be starter solenoid pulling in but your starter is not turning. So why is your starter not turning?.... either your motor could be locked up or your starter brushes are not making contact. If you have an ammeter you could check the current draw to the starter.
Showing 27.8 to the starter. So is my starter bad?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts