Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know I have not seen as many car shows advertised this year as usual,In Augusta we normally have around 12 to 15 each year and by now they are sending out flyers,anyone notice that?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I've noticed the tracks around here have fewer races.......

·
Registered
476 Posts
St. Louis will be hurting this year, as of right now there is no plans on reopening Gateway International Raceway, which was a great location for shows and racing.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
St. Louis will be hurting this year, as of right now there is no plans on reopening Gateway International Raceway, which was a great location for shows and racing.
WOW , that sucks !!!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate to see it,but with gas this high and going up,less people will be spending time at Shows and tracks .I usually go to the gathering in Savannah put on by Coastal Corvettes but have not heard anything about it this year.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Gas prices. Yikes. Last night I noticed Regular was $3.999 at my local Shell. Premium was $4.399

Premium at another station was $3.959, but still..... We enjoy some of the highest prices in the country.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We had it gomto 3.37 here and in S.C. it's 3.19,what is killing me is the Diesel prices,3.69 a gal.guess I need to park the F-350.
Bucwheat are you in So. Carolina ?? If so what part ?? I'm in Wilm. NC. and go to So. Carolina for work couple times a month, from Little River to georgetown..Servicing fire equip. for BFPE..

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bucwheat are you in So. Carolina ?? If so what part ?? I'm in Wilm. NC. and go to So. Carolina for work couple times a month, from Little River to georgetown..Servicing fire equip. for BFPE..
No Blaster,I live outside Augusta on the S.C. line,I travel into S.C. weekly to our Bank branches over there.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Ive been thinking about an economy car for a while now, with an 80mile round trip to work that may just be a good investment.
that makes no sense
how much are you going to buy a decent car for ?
how much gas would you buy anyway ?
the amount of money you spent on a commuter car would cover extra expenses for higher gas prices for how long ??
don't forget maint and insurance.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
My C5 gets 29mpg as well.. don t see any savings in driving a Prius to get 40mpg, after you factor purchase price, insurance , depreciation,etc..you ll be losing money and still "driving a Prius"

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ive been thinking about an economy car for a while now, with an 80mile round trip to work that may just be a good investment.
While I agree with the theory consider a real gas-only car. Not a hybrid. Hybrids will cost us all more in the long run than we realize. In 10 years we're going to see an eco disaster related to the disposal of these things.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
either way , the economics don't make sense

besides
who want to drive a boring car ?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I feel your pain brother, i have an 84 mile round trip to work. I just joined a VIA VanPool. Now I drive. 6 Miles round trip. The only downfall is leaving the car in a parking lot all day.

·
Registered
476 Posts
answers for vettex2

that makes no sense
how much are you going to buy a decent car for ?
how much gas would you buy anyway ?
the amount of money you spent on a commuter car would cover extra expenses for higher gas prices for how long ??
don't forget maint and insurance.
I'm just guessing you don't commute very far. As a vet. I def. don't like the idea of a hybrid seems un-American, unfort. American manufactures aren't on the same level as toyota and honda. Right not i have a Jeep Commander with a hemi that gets 15.5 avg mpg. at 3.50 a gallon your talking $287/82gal. a month just to drive to work. With an economy car like an insight its approx $100/28gal a month for gas. The insight is about 20k for a new model, the savings in fuel will pay for itself. Warranty is something Im concerned about they state theres a standard 36k, hybrid equip, is 80k. Insurance should be normal all of the vehicles I've owned have been a couple dollars difference. Who is to say what gas prices will be or for how long, as long as prices remain high, it will be a great investment. Hope this answers your ?'s.

@C5inSB that is very true.

@RayDawg357, I looked into the van pool, I work 6-6 not many people work the schedule.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I def. don't like the idea of a hybrid seems un-American, unfort. American manufactures aren't on the same level as toyota and honda.
Why would it be un-American? There is nothing wrong with this technology and I think it will eventually pave a road to alternative energy breakthroughs. The Chevrolet Volt is an excellent example of quality and is totally on par with anything that Toyota or Honda has in this arena.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts