Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding all my relays and fusse links in my 84 crossfire could anyone tell me where to find all these my chiltons only has one page on them and doesn't tell me crap about them.:z1-2:

·
Registered
799 Posts
For what? The fuses are, if its like my 86, on the passengers side dash behind the passengers side door. Open the door and you'll see it.

Relays are scattered all about the car from behind the information display to under the hood. Are you looking for something in particular?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for my fuse links and flashers. It shows some fuses and relays and fuse links in a box But idk if its for my car or a diffrent year.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm looking for my fuse links and flashers. It shows some fuses and relays and fuse links in a box But idk if its for my car or a diffrent year.
Your flasher relay is behind the Information Center, almost dead center of your dash. It is a PITA to get to, but very do-able with some patience. Come to think about, MOST maintenance stuff on my 84 is a PITA! LOL!

I have the FSM at home, I'll look up the Fusible Link locations and post tonight, can't access it right now. Hopefully someone can help you sooner because it may be late this evening before I can...you are asking for the Fusible Link locations? Correct? If you are looking for the Fuse Box, that's already been answered, open your passenger door, remove the "egg" shaped cover on the side of your dash panel...there's your fuses!

·
Registered
799 Posts
:iagree:

He is correct. The turn signal relay is a sort of pain to get too. Remove the trim piece on the center console, remove the information display, trek through a forest of wires and you will find it. If memory serves me correct it is held in by two, I guess you would call them, spring clips.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If i remember right the flasher that is mounted behind the info center (center dash aux. fuse box) is the one for the emergency flashers and was located there because it is part of theft deterrent system...harder to get at to slow thieves. The turn signal flasher is mounted just right of that box and squeezed into an odd 3/4 round clip. You should be able to find it by just removing the hush panel on the passenger side and looking up next to the stereo.
All the fusible links are mounted at junction blocks behind the battery...you almost have to remove the battery to get at them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If i remember right the flasher that is mounted behind the info center (center dash aux. fuse box) is the one for the emergency flashers and was located there because it is part of theft deterrent system...harder to get at to slow thieves.
You're right regarding location of the flasher, but I don't think it was located there because it is part of the theft deterrent system. The flasher isn't in that circuit anywhere. When activated, the horn sounds, but the flasher does nothing.

All the fusible links are mounted at junction blocks behind the battery...you almost have to remove the battery to get at them.
I believe on the '84 you'll find the fusible links at the starter and not behind the battery as you would on later years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got my blinkers working just right.....but i changed all my fuses in my car and my speedometer still wont work or my avg. mpg. ill stick a new fuse into the lcd 5 amp port it will show the miles and avg. mpg. but my speedometer and odometer wont work then after i turn if off and back on everything goes back to 0 ive done this multiple times with diffrent fuses and the same out come.:doh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts