Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 C5 coupe. When I turn on the headlight knob the front lights pop up and illuminate fine but the dash lights and tail lights do not come on. The only way those work is if I turn the twilight sentinel on and it is dark so the the headlights (along with the tail lights and dash lights) come on automatically.
I checked the mini fuses and all are OK.

Is this a common problem with a direct solution?
Please help. Many thanks

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I have a 2001 C5 coupe. When I turn on the headlight knob the front lights pop up and illuminate fine but the dash lights and tail lights do not come on. The only way those work is if I turn the twilight sentinel on and it is dark so the the headlights (along with the tail lights and dash lights) come on automatically.
I checked the mini fuses and all are OK.

Is this a common problem with a direct solution?
Please help. Many thanks
Little do you know, you have actually solved your own problem. Because everything works with the twilight sentinel and not with the stalk, all you have to do is eliminate what is different about the two options. What's different is the sensor is the trigger for the twilight option and the stalk is the trigger for the manual option. Culprit?

Your stalk is bad. Replace it. Some guys R&R it but after that many on and off cycles, I'd rather just replace it. GM has improved the design of it anyway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am so glad there are people that take the time to get to know these cars in and out so that we all don't have to take them into the dealership for every little thing that goes wrong with it!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I am so glad there are people that take the time to get to know these cars in and out so that we all don't have to take them into the dealership for every little thing that goes wrong with it!
Me too. I don't know crap about cars! :hehehe:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Junkman, I will check out and/or replace the stalk to see if that fixes my tail light and dash light issues. Will post again if it still doesn't work.
Jerry

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Thanks Junkman, I will check out and/or replace the stalk to see if that fixes my tail light and dash light issues. Will post again if it still doesn't work.
Jerry
There's a how to on the web if you need it. Just let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts