Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now from Southern Car Parts

Do you want to protect the front of your car from rock chips and bug debris? Do you hate the hassle of the standard leather Bra (hard to take on and off, rough on paint)? We have the perfect solution....Our light weight stretch nylon material Bra comes on and off in seconds, protects the front of your car for rock chips and bug debris while having a satin touch on your paint. Snaps off in seconds and can be wadded up and stuffed into something the size of a shoe!!!!! Also can be ordered with protective mirror covers. Perfect solution for highway trips, when the trip is over, take it off and put it in your cargo area. Off or on in less the 2 mins. Best Bra solution on the market for the Corvette.

- Fits better than any other mask on the market
- Stretch nylon knit construction
- Keeps bumper clean and bug-free
- Secures to car with snaps
- Super quick installation
- Machine or hand washable
- Folds compactly for easy in-car storage
- Mirror Covers Also Available

Click here to order....
http://southerncarparts.com/front-bumper-mask-p-283.html

Thanks,

Jim Vose

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
How does the mask mount?
http://www.southerncarparts.com/Inst/c5mask.pdf

Remove *the three (3) screws that attach the fender liner to the front fender on of the car and replace with the snap assembly that is supplied with the FBM.
(CAUTION: Do not over tighten these screws or the snap head will come loose from the screw.)
Note: Turn the front wheels to gain easy access to the screws and replace one screw at a time

Open the hood and raise the headlights and install the Front Bumper Mask.

Attach the top two snaps on one end of the FBM to the inside of the fender.
Stretch the FBM across the front of the bumper laying the top of the cover (the top has the three (3) plastic retainer clips) in the hood opening.
Now attach the top two snaps on the other end to the inside of the fender.

From the center of the car pull the mask down over the bumper positioning the retainer clips at the top. Finish installing the snaps and clips on the ends of the FBM.
Attach the third snap on both sides of the car and the bottom clips to the air dam.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Don, please post pictures when you have it installed as I have the same color Vette.
Thanks
Mike
This is the only low cost bra I've found in blue and I figure it's got to look better than any black one ever could.
A fellow Vette owner demonstrated the ease at which the bra mounts on the car. He simply uses it while driving the car, and removes at cruises and car shows.
I'll post pics once I get it mounted for everyone to see.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Look nice but I have a few questions:
1. Do the turn signals show through the bra, and
2. Is there a version for those of us who must display a front license plate?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look nice but I have a few questions:
1. Do the turn signals show through the bra, and
2. Is there a version for those of us who must display a front license plate?
The signals do show through the bra. I don't have the option of getting them with a cutout for the license plate, but I know lots of people who just made a cut in the mask to allow it. The material won't run when cut so to me that would seem like a reasonable option. Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now from Southern Car Parts

Do you want to protect the front of your car from rock chips and bug debris? Do you hate the hassle of the standard leather Bra (hard to take on and off, rough on paint)? We have the perfect solution....Our light weight stretch nylon material Bra comes on and off in seconds, protects the front of your car for rock chips and bug debris while having a satin touch on your paint. Snaps off in seconds and can be wadded up and stuffed into something the size of a shoe!!!!! Also can be ordered with protective mirror covers. Perfect solution for highway trips, when the trip is over, take it off and put it in your cargo area. Off or on in less the 2 mins. Best Bra solution on the market for the Corvette.

- Fits better than any other mask on the market
- Stretch nylon knit construction
- Keeps bumper clean and bug-free
- Secures to car with snaps
- Super quick installation
- Machine or hand washable
- Folds compactly for easy in-car storage
- Mirror Covers Also Available

Click here to order....
http://southerncarparts.com/front-bumper-mask-p-283.html

Thanks,

Jim Vose