Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
C4 4+3 autotrans fluid leak at from top of bellhousing

Just replaced clutch,now I have auto trans fluid leaking from top of bellhouing running down on top of starter.Auto trans venttube is only thing that I can figure out where fluid is coming from but I don't now why.Any info would help,thanks.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Well, the overdrive unit has dextron(auto tranny fluid) in it but the tranny itself has 80 weight gear oil. Since the overdrive unit is well behind the bellhousing and is in effect the tail unit for the tranny I wonder how the dextron is leaking from the top of the bellhousing? Also, the overdrive unit has a fill plug in the side that can be taken out to check for overfilling...........

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, the overdrive unit has dextron(auto tranny fluid) in it but the tranny itself has 80 weight gear oil. Since the overdrive unit is well behind the bellhousing and is in effect the tail unit for the tranny I wonder how the dextron is leaking from the top of the bellhousing?
True, but the OD vents to the same tube as the 4 speed and then runs up along the bellhousing. That would be guess as to where it's coming from.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
"True, but the OD vents to the same tube as the 4 speed and then runs up along the bellhousing. That would be guess as to where it's coming from."

Think that he should pull the overdrive fill plug and check the fluid level, it might be over serviced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts