Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 c3. I changed the master cylinder and bled the brakes 3 different times. I have good brake when engine is off but goes to floor when started. The resevor is full and no leaks. The power booster seems to have vacuum because when you remove the hose it make the pressure release sound. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
5,934 Posts
I have a 1982 c3. I changed the master cylinder and bled the brakes 3 different times. I have good brake when engine is off but goes to floor when started. The resevor is full and no leaks. The power booster seems to have vacuum because when you remove the hose it make the pressure release sound. Any suggestions?

Did you bench bleed the master cylinder prior to install?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Bled from rear passenger to rear driver then from passenger then front driver. Had great hard brakes. Drove for 5 miles than went to floor. Exchanged master cylinder (new not rebuilt). Had oreileys brand and exchanged for dorman brand. Did same thing. Bench bled then bled the brakes and drove home from shop. On way home did the same thing and went to floor

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bench bled first. Installed then pumped up from inside then my friend released rear passenger while I held pedal then rear driver then front passenger then front driver

·
Super Moderator
5,934 Posts
I know theses calipers take a while to bleed because you have to bleed the outside first then the inside. I have read some people have to use a rubber mallet and tap the caliper while bleeding to get all the air bubbles out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a rubber mallet. I will try that Monday when I get back on it. These last few days I’ve been detailing my c6 getting ready for my corvette club function

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A friend loaned me a rod adjustment gauge tool. To make sure the booster Rod is adjusted to right length

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had replaced the MC on my 82 ce the MC in the box was incorrect. They gave me one for an older manual braked not power. Bled the brakes a couple of times went pack to the original and measured the bore depth on the MC piston. It was boxed wrong.
Also the best way that I have found to bleed is to use a reverse bleeder like the one by Phoenix. leaves pedal perfect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts