Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disassembled my 63 couple in 1993 for a frame off. Now have it nearly done and cannot get the new door windows in both the front and rear tracks. Seems to be a either/or but cannot get the room in there to get the window in both tracks. I know there are some tricks or a specific sequence to it...Comments are greatly appreciated after a very frustrating day. Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
I disassembled my 63 couple in 1993 for a frame off. Now have it nearly done and cannot get the new door windows in both the front and rear tracks. Seems to be a either/or but cannot get the room in there to get the window in both tracks. I know there are some tricks or a specific sequence to it...Comments are greatly appreciated after a very frustrating day. Thanks
This article should take care of you:

http://www.lbfun.com/warehouse/tech_info/body_&_frame/Corvette Door Anatomy-Mod.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found my window installation problem

I installed new side glass and when I installed the glass in the bottom sash, I lined the back of the slide on the sash with the back of the window glass. I had to move the sash forward about 3/16" from the glass when a straight edge is placed on the back edge of the glass going downward. This allowed the back track to slide upward into position. This might be particular to my car only since the 63 was not the most precision built. Thanks for the reference to the NCRS for the how-to. I'm a member...should have thought of going there. Appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts