Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody used a pro gm bypass module for vats on 1985 looking to buy a bypass this is the only one found for 1985

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if its called vats or anti theft system either way you took the time to respond with a stupid response if you dont know the answer dont reply at all

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
if its called vats or anti theft system either way you took the time to respond with a stupid response if you dont know the answer dont reply at all
They put a Vats system(Or Anti-Theft) in your '85??

If it's from factory your ignition key should have a resistor to it. If not then you don't have Vats or Anti-theft...

·
Registered
283 Posts
You're joking, right? No VATS in 1985. VATS was introduced for the '86 model year.
Sorry guy ....Ray is correct,he gave you the correct answer :doh: .... No Vats in '85
With that attitude you won't get much help..
Just sayin'

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
my 86 was made in 85 and has it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry guy ....Ray is correct,he gave you the correct answer :doh: .... No Vats in '85
With that attitude you won't get much help..
Just sayin'
My apologies to the original poster for answering his question. It is sometimes difficult to answer what is meant, so I answer what was asked. There is, in fact a theft system on the '84-'85 model years. The system is also used on the '86-'89 model years and is called UTDS or Universal Theft Deterrent System. On the '86-'89 it only operated the alarm system, pin E of the UTDS module is not used and VATS handles the immobilizer duties. On the '84 and '85, pin E of the UTDS Module is used and sends an enabling ground to the Starter Interrupt Relay. This disables cranking when the Forced Entry System is activated.

But since the OP's other post shows an aftermarket alarm system was fitted, all bets are off on how the installer incorporated the aftermarket system with the factory system.

Again, sorry to the original poster, I will never again darken your threads with my input.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
go ahead , darken them.....lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts