Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings. I'm new here and considering buying a 1990 Corvette and have some questions. Thanks in advance for any insights or knowledge you can share about this classic. Will be my first Corvette and I'm excited!

Edited: Questions all asked and answered. Basically I was looking at a non-stock modified L98 motor that had been modified at some unknown point to add LT1 headers and other parts. I was very confused and at first it seemed like a good car but lots of dialogue here along with the carfax steered me away.

Issue resolved.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
It looks like lt1 intake and heads. The accessories look like l98. Could it be a l98 block ? You should be able to buy the seals from mid America motor works. Same for the seat covers. If you do the seat covers you will need new foam. Not an easy job. Sounds like a nice ride with the LT1 and 6 speed. Welcome to Smokinvette

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like lt1 intake and heads. The accessories look like l98. Could it be a l98 block ? You should be able to buy the seals from mid America motor works. Same for the seat covers. If you do the seat covers you will need new foam. Not an easy job. Sounds like a nice ride with the LT1 and 6 speed. Welcome to Smokinvette
Thanks! Is this a common or good L98 modification, or a foolish one, or what might a driver/owner expect with such a modification? @Lethal Tendencies

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help, I've opted to pass on the car. Finally got around to pulling carfax and there's many hidden issues including significantly more owners than stated, transmission work, failed emissions x2, and head gasket work for which the owner has no paperwork.
Along with the nonspec engine mods, it's time to walk away. A pristine stock low mileage C4 Vette is well under 10 grand. Too much of a gamble here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts