Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am have problems with my brake lights staying on when i am driveing and when i step on the pedal they go off this does not happen all the time but more and more all the time has anybody ever had this happen? this is a 07 convt

·
Registered
381 Posts
I personally have never had this problem on any of my vettes but a friend had an issue similar to yours on his '06 coupe. It was the brake light switch located on the brake pedal itself. Easy fix at the dealer and covered under the bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
350 Posts
So when your foot is on the brake, the lights aren't bright as they should be? Or they dim back to normal? If so, I would check the brake switch to see if it's disengaging.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So when your foot is on the brake, the lights aren't bright as they should be? Or they dim back to normal? If so, I would check the brake switch to see if it's disengaging.
i have replaced the switch and it still does it when i drive the brake lights are on and when i step on the pedal they go off

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have replaced the switch and it still does it when i drive the brake lights are on and when i step on the pedal they go off
I have the same problem on my 08 LS3. But when I push on the brake pedal the brake lights go off until the bottom of the through, then there is the click the lights come on and the gear shift is released. But when I take my foot off the brake to move the brake lights come back on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, had the same problem with my 2008 C6. Check the BCM blue wire pack connectors. Take them off and spray with electric contact cleaner. After you push and lock them back in place I bet your problem will go away. I just did the one on the right and it fixed an intermittent problem that I had been having for years. I hear this is fairly common.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, had the same problem with my 2008 C6. Check the BCM blue wire pack connectors. Take them off and spray with electric contact cleaner. After you push and lock them back in place I bet your problem will go away. I just did the one on the right and it fixed an intermittent problem that I had been having for years. I hear this is fairly common.
thanks man,I will give it a try and let you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts