Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a book on manual that will tell me what size screw or bolts is used where. for example i'm changing the weather stripping, i want to replace the rusted screws and had to drill some out to. how do i find out what size screw it is. corvette shops want 3 bucks for 4 screws. but i can get a box of 100 for 3 bucks from the auto box shop if i know the size.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
is there a book on manual that will tell me what size screw or bolts is used where. for example i'm changing the weather stripping, i want to replace the rusted screws and had to drill some out to. how do i find out what size screw it is. corvette shops want 3 bucks for 4 screws. but i can get a box of 100 for 3 bucks from the auto box shop if i know the size.

You'll find almost all of the screws used are common #8 and can be found at any hardware store. #10 screws are 3/16" in diameter, #8 are 5/32" in diameter, and #6 are 1/8" in diameter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, if i have the screw or bolt that i want to replace, i go to a auto body supply shop and get a box of 100 for 3 bucks when the store charge you 3 bucks for four screws. what about if the screw is missing. you can get a part number from the manual but not a size. what do yo do then? that is what i meant to say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts