Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 1977 Corvette began to blow a fuse on the fuse block that controls the clock, lighter, courtesy lights, & anti theft alarm. The short must be a dead short as soon as I replace the fuse it blows immediately again. I have checked for any loose or broken wires with no luck. It is very hard for this old man to crawl under the dash to replace the fuse so I was wondering is anyone else has had any similar problems. The clock hasn't run for years & the courtesy light bulbs are ok & did work before this problem began. Any help or assistance? I did not check the theft alarm to see if that was out as well. Anything that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
gene

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently my 1977 Corvette began to blow a fuse on the fuse block that controls the clock, lighter, courtesy lights, & anti theft alarm. The short must be a dead short as soon as I replace the fuse it blows immediately again. I have checked for any loose or broken wires with no luck. It is very hard for this old man to crawl under the dash to replace the fuse so I was wondering is anyone else has had any similar problems. The clock hasn't run for years & the courtesy light bulbs are ok & did work before this problem began. Any help or assistance? I did not check the theft alarm to see if that was out as well. Anything that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
gene
Possibly a coin in the lighter socket?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts