Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on restoring a 1992 Convertable Corvette that I recently obtained. It is my first Corvette and I'm not all that familiar with them. It has standard seats that need new cusions/leather. I'm looking at upgrading them to the Sport Seat and purchasing a lumbar control/bladder/motor to go in it. It seems that I would be missing a metal sleave that the control goes in though. I'm also assuming that there are no other differences in the two seats? I noticed that some older Corvette seats had electric bolster adjustments as well. Would the Sport Seat frames for a 92 have these?

My questions is, If I want the best Corvette Seat (i.e. most adjustments) for the C4, what model should I put in it and will I need to get the frame as well.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I know this isn't the answer to your question but I wanted to give you my two cents...

Whatever you do I would NOT recommend getting your seat covers from Zip Corvette. I've had great luck with their other products, I spent good money on mine and within 2 years the red faded to a sickly pink color.

Also, be aware if you replace the seat foams they are significantly stiffer than the old ones you're used to; you're going to sit a little higher than before and they're not going to be as comfortable. If yours are not too worn out I would try to reuse them. You'll save the money on new ones and retain the comfort and a**-contoured foam you've grown accustomed too.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Seats are one of the things that didn't change hardware wise. Aside from the bottom section on sport seats, left and right sides are interchangeable. For mine I found a set on ebay with a good pass (right) side and used it for my drivers (left) side. The seat tracks are also interchangeable.

I also found a rare set of sport seats for mine a couple years ago. Black 93 with the 40th logo and in near perfect condition. But have never used them. Mostly I think because before long, they'll be worth more than the car. That and the fact that the regular ones in it are perfect.

Are the Pass & Driver Seat Tracks Reversable?

Just picked up these bad boys on ebay...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts