Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might I just say with my previous experience in changing car batterys...nothing would have prepared me for the tedious task in changing a C4 Corvette battery. :kngt: After battling this sucker for a half hour and unbolting parts here and there, I've finally coaxed her out! And I've never felt so proud with one of my first corvette accomplishments...so I must share this with the world...if not the world atleast you guys, but you know what I mean. But lets just say after this upcoming season is over...someone will be investing in a trickle charger, because I don't wanna deal with a battery problem for a really long time!

-Congratulations to all Corvette drivers out there that have survived the winter blast. Spring is finally around the corner! Guys we survived!:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It's not that bad, just have to remove the outter panel and the hold down. If you want to see bad, try a dodge stratus.....

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't even have Hold Downs on Mine......on a 88 U Got to loosen the inner fender to get it out !! :doh:
I don't know that all C-4s are the same. On my 88 it is an easy job. Remove the body panel beside the battery. Three screws in the wheel well and one on the lower edge that you just loosen as the hole is sloted. Five minute job.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Battle

Might I just say with my previous experience in changing car batterys...nothing would have prepared me for the tedious task in changing a C4 Corvette battery. :kngt: After battling this sucker for a half hour and unbolting parts here and there, I've finally coaxed her out! And I've never felt so proud with one of my first corvette accomplishments...so I must share this with the world...if not the world atleast you guys, but you know what I mean. But lets just say after this upcoming season is over...someone will be investing in a trickle charger, because I don't wanna deal with a battery problem for a really long time!

-Congratulations to all Corvette drivers out there that have survived the winter blast. Spring is finally around the corner! Guys we survived!:thumbsup3:
I was from OHIO ! & it Sucks! MOVE ! I Did !

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I don't know that all C-4s are the same. On my 88 it is an easy job. Remove the body panel beside the battery. Three screws in the wheel well and one on the lower edge that you just loosen as the hole is sloted. Five minute job.
The panel every-one is talking about is actually called the Left Fender. The fender's lower bolt hole is not slotted from the factory. It is too much of a pain to get that bolt back in with the fender in place unless you slot the bolt hole, so most have been cut to slot the hole if they have ever had the fender off. If it is slotted it only takes a few minutes to remove replace the fender giving easy access to the battery and it's hold-down bolt.

It's not that bad, just have to remove the outter panel and the hold down. If you want to see bad, try a dodge stratus.....
Almost any newer dodge is rediculous...Seems like more and more newer cars are being designed by crack smoking monkeys...

·
Registered
799 Posts
Almost any newer dodge is rediculous...Seems like more and more newer cars are being designed by crack smoking monkeys...
Nah, they just don't want you working on them. You more or less have to speak binary to fix any new car today. If I had a dollar for every sensor on my Tundra I'd be a rich man. Its :kngt: if you ask me.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
try as I might
I just could not find a picture of a monkey smoking crack....lol

·
Registered
836 Posts
Battle

Nah, they just don't want you working on them. You more or less have to speak binary to fix any new car today. If I had a dollar for every sensor on my Tundra I'd be a rich man. Its :kngt: if you ask me.
I agree on the sensors They Have Sensors Watchin sensors ......:thumbsup3:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts