Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing the battery in a 92 base Corvette requires removing the side panel directly in front of the drivers door.
There is one bolt on the top of the plate and 3 screws in the wheel well area.

Can anyone tell me if the is a nut to loosen underneath the plate that has to be loosened also. There is on the 96 Corvette, but I don't see one on the 92. Is it hidden ?

Thanks to anyone !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the bolt. The previous owner painted the bolt the same color of the car (not sure why). Needless to say loosened the bolt removed the panel, slid the battery out, new one placed in, panel back on.. fired it up, I'm outta here !!

Thanks..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Be careful reassembling the panel to the car. When putting the lower tab back onto the lower bolt, insure it's over the washer so the head of the bolt presses against the washer, not the panel between the washer and the bolt head. Had that on my 86, the bolt head can grind into the panel making it next to impossible to get a wrench on it the next time it has to come off. PO did it to mine and it took hours to work through that due to little clearance through the slot between the panels and the inability to angle the wrench to a more adventagous angle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Changing the C4 battery. All this is right for the C4; I remove the three screw type bolts in the wheel well, and with a long extension, remove the top bolt back near the firewall. And being careful the side panel will spring out enough to replace the battery, not having to mess with the bottom fastenings. If you over spring the panel without unbolting the bottom and removing the panel, you will break the panel lower lip around the rivet and bolt holes. I’ve changed the battery both ways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts