Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good friend who has been dealing with a dealership head ache for almost 8 months or so. Now granted this is a Ford matter, but still interesting. To give you the short story, the dealer was doing warranty work on the car, screwed up and caused the motor to blow up. They replaced the motor and now the car apparently doesn't run smooth. Literally there are horrible vibrations when the car has RPM's over 2500.

So my question for you all is if you had any bad warranty work done on your Vette?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm very happy to say that I've not had any experience like your friends car, I would just ask for a complete new car at that point!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Id go to Ford not the stealership. Its a "Freekin' Okies Really Dig'em" car so just have your buddy go buy a GM....:smilielol5:
:iagree: :smilielol5: How in the world does a dealership screw up that bad to cause a motor to blow up?

·
Registered
36 Posts
YES, I have had terrible work done at my local Chevy Dealership, Victory Chevolet in Kitty Hawk, NC. I will NEVER buy another vehicle there. And this is after 2 Vettes and 1 4x4 Silverado. All purchased new. The last thing was having the foam replaced in the drivers seat. The Service Mgr. did it himself. He CUT the foam to fit the seat without taking the seat apart and the cover was off centered and wrinkled. It looked terrible. I took the seat to a local upholstery shop and they took the seat apart had to glue foam on to the seat where the service mgr cut it and made it right. They charged me $250.00. I then called Chevolet, they got in touch with the dealer and the General Manager sent me a check. Also, had problems with getting service on a recall for the Convertible Top and the door pressure pad.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YES, I have had terrible work done at my local Chevy Dealership, Victory Chevolet in Kitty Hawk, NC. I will NEVER buy another vehicle there. And this is after 2 Vettes and 1 4x4 Silverado. All purchased new. The last thing was having the foam replaced in the drivers seat. The Service Mgr. did it himself. He CUT the foam to fit the seat without taking the seat apart and the cover was off centered and wrinkled. It looked terrible. I took the seat to a local upholstery shop and they took the seat apart had to glue foam on to the seat where the service mgr cut it and made it right. They charged me $250.00. I then called Chevolet, they got in touch with the dealer and the General Manager sent me a check. Also, had problems with getting service on a recall for the Convertible Top and the door pressure pad.
It just shows, short cuts don't pay off for business. To bad for the dealership now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts