Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trans temps run around 170-195 on a hot day. I keep up on the service. I know a external cooler would help but should I be worried. My vette will not see any tract track time. i just drive the hell out of it 50% of the time

·
Registered
779 Posts
That's right where you want it. Less than 150° F is generally considered too cold, 275° F is generally considered the max for short durations. Automatic transmission oil can provide up to 100,000 miles of service before oxidation requires replacement, at an operating temperature of 175° F. Above this temperature, the oil oxidation rate doubles with each 20° degrees F increase in fluid temperature. At 195° F, you should plan on changing the fluid at 50,000 miles, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Gig s right..yours is normal ..temps will go up in heavy traffic, slow moving, but short periods are OK .. When you change the fluid, Synthetics are far superior to convenional and usually run 10-20 degrees cooler ...and welcome to SV

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I would check to see if any trash has been sucked up in the radiator,these bottom feeders suck up plastic bags sometimes that cut cooling .not that yours is heating up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts