Chevy Corvette Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok all you Smokinvette members, here is our product review on the Arizen racing seats for the C6 Corvette. Now seeing that we are still in the process of getting the tuning situated in this Vette we have not had a whole lot of driving time in these seats, however the short time that we have had in these seats has been a blast!

When we started looking for companies that made aftermarket seats for the C6 we obviously went through the usual suspects in Sparco, Recaro, Corbeau and a few other big and well known seat companies. Then I came across a company by the name of Arizen by chance and I stepped into their site to see what they had to offer. I had never heard of them before and that may be for the reason that I am no expert in the field, however I liked very much what I saw and we decided to move forward with them.
We went with their fixed racing seats that bolts directly to the stock power tracks enabling you to still have the function of moving the seat forward and back and also tilting the seat up and down. When the seats arrived we immediately took a look at the quality that they had and it was fantastic. They were very light and the workmanship was extremely nice! We then decided to jump right into installing them.

Getting the stock seats out was obviously very simple and then came the part of removing the stock power tracks. This was where it became a little tricky seeing that we had never performed this before and unfortunately it was after business hours on Friday so calling anyone was sort of out of the question. At any rate we were able to contact Gerry over at DS Vettes and he was able to point us in the right direction. (Thanks Gerry!) From here everything went extremely smooth with no problems whatsoever. The first seat took us about two hours to put in because of the lack of knowledge, yet the second seat was installed in less than half that time after we learned what to do.
When the seats were finally installed we were very happy with the overall look of the seats in the car. They looked like they were meant to be there unlike some of the aftermarket seats that look like they only belong in a foreign car. The seats mesh very well and do not stick out or overpower the rest of the interior.

The only aspect of the seats that we have not performed much research in yet is the performance side of it however this will be taken care of shortly as soon as the tune is completed. As for the rest of points on these seats, being the looks, the feel, the install process and functionality we give these seats two Smokin thumbs up!!!
We highly recommend Arizen seats to anyone that is looking for a seat that will give you not only the functionality of a racing seat but also a seat that is both aesthetically and comfort pleasing.
Those look pretty comfee ;)

·
Smokin Vendor
116 Posts
awaiting updates...
We ordered and received some Ebony leather but were not happy with it. We have more coming in another grain pattern that looks more like pictures we've seen of other interior accessories made for the Vettes. We are planning to make the first set of seats this week and will take photos when available.

·
Smokin Vendor
116 Posts
honestly I'm not impressed with the quality of leather, maybe its pleather, GM used in their flagship vehicle. I'm hoping what you guys pick will fit the car a little better.
The problem is if you want the exact o/e colors there are limited supply chains and basically you get the same leather since it is normally used for repairs or partial replacement. We will be looking into other options as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We ordered and received some Ebony leather but were not happy with it. We have more coming in another grain pattern that looks more like pictures we've seen of other interior accessories made for the Vettes. We are planning to make the first set of seats this week and will take photos when available.
I know its only been a couple days but any more updated pics?

·
Smokin Vendor
116 Posts
Status check on the new seats and pricing? Thanks
Regarding pricing - our goal is to offer the new seat in leather or suede for $895 each. To do that we must cooperate with different factories who are strong in different areas. Mounting hardware will vary in price depending on whether the seat will mount to the power tracks or be a direct bolt-in seat with its own sliders.

The upholstery factories we are working with are busy right now because of the holidays. They do work for large kit car companies and catalog companies. It is difficult for us to push them to complete a prototype seat pattern when we have not given them an order for a large volume of covers in advance. Unfortunately, we will not take orders for a seat until we have a completed seat photographed so pre-ordering covers is out of the question. I will be checking on them again later in the week.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Regarding pricing - our goal is to offer the new seat in leather or suede for $895 each. To do that we must cooperate with different factories who are strong in different areas. Mounting hardware will vary in price depending on whether the seat will mount to the power tracks or be a direct bolt-in seat with its own sliders.

The upholstery factories we are working with are busy right now because of the holidays. They do work for large kit car companies and catalog companies. It is difficult for us to push them to complete a prototype seat pattern when we have not given them an order for a large volume of covers in advance. Unfortunately, we will not take orders for a seat until we have a completed seat photographed so pre-ordering covers is out of the question. I will be checking on them again later in the week.
Please post some photos when you have them. Lets see how they turned out.

·
Smokin Vendor
116 Posts
bump for updates.
Unfortunately, we had some problems with a supplier and had to part ways with them recently. After working on the cover for a number of weeks they came to the determination that they could not supply what we would need to be able to offer the seats at the price we have as a goal.

We have worked with a cover factory for years that is able to make the cover for the price we would need. They made the covers for the seats below and many, many more. However, they usually require a cover to make the pattern and as of yet we have not been able to supply one. We are contacting some companies we have been referred to that have pattern makers to see what they can do and how soon.

·
Smokin Vendor
116 Posts
We have one company working on a cover this week. Regardless of whether it is perfected or not I will try to get some pictures for updates later this week.
Progress has been made on the perimeter but the cushions have not been started yet. The bottom cushions should not be that difficult to pattern but the back will take some trial and error.

As you can see from the pictures of the Sparco Roadster seat below the back is much more rounded than most bucket seats. In my opinion that adds to the comfort. The back cushion on the seat above is the actual cloth Sparco back cushion. It forms to the rounded seat shape easily. Leather will get creases in it much easier than cloth so we may try a 2 piece rear like the Recaro seat below with some added stitching.

As more progress is made I'll post updates.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You all have some really nice looking seats. I may be looking at getting a set this year soon!:thumbsup3:
:iagree: Hi, Mark: I would be very interested in the new seats in 2008 Cashmere Leather, with full functionality of the power adjustments and, if possible, the seat heaters (it's a 3LT). Any thought to incorporating side air bags? If not, I can probably live without them (I hope!).

Thanks.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.