Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed my 4 post lift in my new garage and after I did an oil change on my Avalanche I naturally wanted to put the Vette on it. I was going to take advantage of the car being up in the air to clean the lower body panels and the wheels without bending down. Anyway, I put the car all the way up to take a good look at the underside. While examining it I noticed a black fiberglass part that spanned from the left front wheel to the right. It was broken. Not all the way through but a large chunk of it was split off from it in the rear of it and also on the front of it. It had a part number which I copied and called my local Chevy dealer first thing this morning. He told me it's my front spring. There was no other damage in the surrounding area and no scrapes or scratches on the spring. In fact the spring is safely tucked away where nothing could hit it. He told me to call my extended warranty company to start a claim and call him back. The warranty company told me I was covered and If I brought to car back to where I bought the policy there wouldn't be any deductible. (Which is the same Chevy dealer) He said he worked for Chevy for 37 years and never seen this happen. He told me it must have been a defective part. Just waiting for the part to come in now before the car gets laid up at the dealer. I guess the warranty policy just paid for itself. :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually he didn't tell me to call he asked me if I would. He's one of the service writers, a friend of mine, and I called him in the morning when they're at their busiest. I didn't mind, he's done me favors. The company is CNA National. I purchased it through my Chevy dealer. As a matter of fact the factory warranty on my '08 Avalanche expires at the end of this week so I'm going to get the same extended one for it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hotrod,
Is this something new? I've never heard of replacing the leaf with coils. Could you explain a little more? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
While rare , they do fail sometimes

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hotrod,
Is this something new? I've never heard of replacing the leaf with coils. Could you explain a little more? Thanks.
The coil over shocks mount in place of the orig. shocks. The leaf spring comes out completely. I think Pfatd (Engineering) has these. Completely adjustable for ride height and dampening. :woowoo:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was all taken care of at my local Chevy dealer. They replaced the spring and did a 4 wheel allignment for $0 out of my pocket. I picked the car up about 4 hours after I dropped it off. :thumbsup3: I did buy the same aftermarket plan for my Avalanche. $2100 for 4 years and up to 75k on my odometer. If I sell or trade in the vehicle I can either transfer the policy or they will cut me a check for the un-used portion. Also if I decide to keep either vehicle longer than the policy covers I can purchase an extention as long as I still have more than one month and more than 1000 miles left on the existing coverage. Also they will deduct from your credit card for 12 months no interest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts