Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried porting my stock intake manifold and ended up going right through. So I went ahead and ordered a renegade. Hoping for good results.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
neither had I until I came to this forum......some swear by them

it's a crossfire thing.....

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
the Renegade is a direct replacement manifold for the Crossfire...its been in developement for years now..you still have to be on a waiting list to get it. its said to improve the power above 3500- 4000 rpm where the stock crossfire was seriously lacking [ CF was never designed for a 350 cu. in,was for a 305] Toobroke has one of the first sold, says it is a major improvement.. but his motor is not stock. Don t mention it on the C4 forum, all hell will break out..for and against.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
My gain was 22hp to the rear on same current tune with a 383, but that was over the Xram that was on it that most said was the Foshiznit...Guess not.

My '82 came alive after I installed mine. The power starts picking up at around 3500 rpm and goes up into the red line. I'm very satisfied with mine and wish I could have gotten it when I bought my '82 23 years ago.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have renegade installed and it is a major improvement, pulls hard and keeps going. I shift at 5500 rpm, it runs great. Finally a real intake for the crossfire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts