Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about signing up for Onstar. I was told you can get monthly diagnostic reports. How much information can these reports actually give you?

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I'm thinking about signing up for Onstar. I was told you can get monthly diagnostic reports. How much information can these reports actually give you?
I have it on the CTS. I get the diagnostics report. Doesn't tell me anything that I didn't already know.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I get the monthly diagnostics report as part of my "Safe and Sound" plan from OnStar....... Tells you nothing that you cannot get from your DIC (Driver Information Center) It gives you all four tire psi readings, your mileage, oil life remaining, and engine and transmission diagnostics.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't subscribe to Onstar but have heard these reports are pretty much all basic information you can retrieve yourself from your DIC.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I get the monthly diagnostics report as part of my "Safe and Sound" plan from OnStar....... Tells you nothing that you cannot get from your DIC (Driver Information Center) It gives you all four tire psi readings, your mileage, oil life remaining, and engine and transmission diagnostics.
:iagree:
I canceled mine....not necessary.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
:iagree:
I canceled mine....not necessary.
I never subscribed to this, what do they charge for Onstar anyway?

·
Registered
703 Posts
nothing special

Got my first one yesterday and they messed up an alert we got on a new Chevy Equinox we picked up June 28th with the Vette picked up June 24th. As we left the dealer, with the Nox, it flashed low tire pressure at us and I stormed back to the non-prepping dealer whose prep dept also did not install front air dam parts on my Vette. Anyway, the OnStar report had the Vette showing the Nox alert. What I DID like was the report has access to an online owner's manual and since this lazy old fart has still not gotten his out to look at it, I really enjoyed going through the whole thing online.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Someone have one to post up?

·
Registered
102 Posts
My insurance company demands that I have a recovery system for the Corvette, the savings I rceieve pays for the ON Star system. The insurance company likes On Star the best as the can not only locate the car, they can turn off the engine.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Omega Dude, I have one saved in my e-mail, but I don't know how to post it here. Let me know how, and I'll be glad to try.:rockon6rk:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I never subscribed to this, what do they charge for Onstar anyway?
Mine was $199 per year and was the "safe and sound" package which includes crash and airbag deployment response, monthly vehicle diagnostics reports, vehicle lockout service, and vehicle locator and engine shutdown if stolen. The top of the line package includes turn by turn directions for an extra $100 per year, but I have the nav system so what's the point???

·
Registered
280 Posts
if you havent seen it already here goes a partial pic everyone elses posts were right it doesnt really give you much info no more than you get of dic it shows green checks for vehicle systems that are working ok

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Nope, would rather put her on the dyno. :hehehe:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mine was $199 per year and was the "safe and sound" package which includes crash and airbag deployment response, monthly vehicle diagnostics reports, vehicle lockout service, and vehicle locator and engine shutdown if stolen. The top of the line package includes turn by turn directions for an extra $100 per year, but I have the nav system so what's the point???
I wonder how easy their directions are to use?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts