Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,I have a 1982 C3 collectors edition and keeps displaying a faded red alternator light when motor is running . The battery continues to charge at around 14 volts which is good but light is annoying . Can anyone help me , thank you .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys ,I have a 1982 C3 collectors edition and keeps displaying a faded red alternator light when motor is running . The battery continues to charge at around 14 volts which is good but light is annoying . Can anyone help me , thank you .
This issue may be due to a poor ground. You didn’t mention if your headlights dim and brighten when your car is at idle. I would disconnect your ground cable to the frame and ensure it’s clean and secure. Also remove your battery terminals and clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This issue may be due to a poor ground. You didn’t mention if your headlights dim and brighten when your car is at idle. I would disconnect your ground cable to the frame and ensure it’s clean and secure. Also remove your battery terminals and clean.
Thanks mate for your reply, I will check all ground connections . The lights do not dim on idle. Thanks again buddy i sill let you know how I go .
Wazy the Aussie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts