Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long has GM been installing Onstar into Corvettes? Is it installed in all Corvettes?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
How long has GM been installing Onstar into Corvettes? Is it installed in all Corvettes?
In 2006 it was an option. I do not have it. Didn't want the WART.

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Onstar was an option for 2005-2007. In 2008 Onstar became standard and is installed in all trim level/model Corvettes.

Pappy, the wart is XM, not Onstar.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have NEVER seen a Vette with a WART. I have been on several Vette Runs, been to many shows/gatherings and many on the road. So is the ONSTAR that unpopular??

The only place I have seen one, is a couple posted pics here.

I bought mine used, but it had all the controls for ONSTAR and the dealer offered to activate

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Pappy, the wart is XM, not Onstar.
Oh, OK. When I ordered the car I told the dealer I had seen the WART on other cars and that I didn't want a WART on mine. Since my car came without a WART and without Onstar but did have XM, which I didn't want either, I put two and two together and, obviously, came up with -4. Now I remember reading that the XM antenna is in the side mirror on the '06. Do I recall it being said that the Onstar antenna is under the rear fascia?

·
Registered
147 Posts
You guys are lost.... The "wart" only came on the 05 and it has nothing to do with On star. The wart was for the XM radio (intenna) The onstar was available for the 05 vette and is on the top of the windshild, inside. just like on any other year vette with on star. On the 06 and above model, the wart was no longer used, they moved the intenna to a non visable location.:thumbsup3: Talon90, you are correct, as usual!

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Oh, OK. When I ordered the car I told the dealer I had seen the WART on other cars and that I didn't want a WART on mine. Since my car came without a WART and without Onstar but did have XM, which I didn't want either, I put two and two together and, obviously, came up with -4. Now I remember reading that the XM antenna is in the side mirror on the '06. Do I recall it being said that the Onstar antenna is under the rear fascia?
You got it. The antenna affectionately known as "the wart" is the XM antenna on the roof of the 2005 coupe. The 2005 convertible had a bit of a small shark fin on the trunk. In 2006 the XM antenna was moved to the sideview mirrors and disappeared from the roof and trunk. The Onstar antenna is located (and always has been) on the top right corner of the windshield in the form of a black rectangular box.

The XM module is located in the rear above the drivers side wheel well on the coupe and inside the waterfall on a convertible. The Onstar module (VCIM) is located behind the passenger side rear storage compartment in a 2005-2008 coupe and convertible and under the passenger side dash on a 2009 and 2010.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You got it. The antenna affectionately known as "the wart" is the XM antenna on the roof of the 2005 coupe. The 2005 convertible had a bit of a small shark fin on the trunk. In 2006 the XM antenna was moved to the sideview mirrors and disappeared from the roof and trunk. The Onstar antenna is located (and always has been) on the top right corner of the windshield in the form of a black rectangular box.

The XM module is located in the rear above the drivers side wheel well on the coupe and inside the waterfall on a convertible. The Onstar module (VCIM) is located behind the passenger side rear storage compartment in a 2005-2008 coupe and convertible and under the passenger side dash on a 2009 and 2010.
LOL I was wondering what you all were talking about! :rofl::rofl: I get it now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
talon90 - I have been searching for a site or thread to help me locate the VCIM on my 06 convertible. I see your post from above saying it is located behind the passenger side rear storage compartment. I have searched high and low to find this thing and I am either blind or it's just not there. I have basically pulled up the carpet in the hole trunk, behind the passenger seat, under the dash, under the water fall. I can't find this thing anywhere! i need to disable it because it is interfering with my after market radio when the top is down. I have removed the Onstar fuse but want to disconnect the J1, J2 and J3 plugs as well. Any help with me finding this crazy thing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts