Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Can someone make recommendations to a good aftermarket warranty? I have a 2008 C6.
Contact Dennis Fichtner at Fichtner Chevrolet (406) 628-4618

·
Registered
102 Posts
As long as you get the warranty from a GM dealer, you can get it from any GM Dealer. I found the best price from a GM dealer in Georgia, the GM dealer that sold me my car matched the price, $1000.00 difference. The extended warranty is a huge money pit and very negotable like the car, go on the internet for the best price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't want to offend anyone, but unless it is an extended warranty from GM, you might as well use the aftermarket contract to wipe your butt with. All the aftermarket warranties we ever worked with at our shop don't want to pay anything and find any excuse not to pay a claim and sometimes even want to use used parts. Save your money!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
As long as you get the warranty from a GM dealer, you can get it from any GM Dealer. I found the best price from a GM dealer in Georgia, the GM dealer that sold me my car matched the price, $1000.00 difference. The extended warranty is a huge money pit and very negotable like the car, go on the internet for the best price.
You can purchase from any GM dealer you want. First get a quote from the one you think is the best and then contact Dennis. You will do yourself a disservice if you purchase one without finding out what Dennis can do for you.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
NOTE: the cost of a GM extended warranty for a car that had a 3/36K original warranty will be different that it will be for a car that had a 5/100K original warranty.

I know that it is a gamble and a potential money loser but on 3-6-07 I purchased a 7 year/56K miles, 0 deductible for my '06 and it cost $1995. I purchased the warranty because I had the money at the time and I was unsure what the future would bring as far as my personal finances were concerned. The warranty expires in 2014. That's about $285 per year (about $0.78 per day; less than I used to pay for cigarettes) for my peace of mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.