Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HEY ALL A COUPLE MONTHS BACK I FOUND A
78 L48 CLEAN BODY FADED PAINT NEEDS TIRES.
HEADLIGHTS INOP AND ALSO NOT CHARGING?
NEEDS EXHAUST TOO
NEW SEATS & CARPET "RED"
HAS ALL CORRECT 15X8 RALLIES WITH TRIM RINGS AND CENTERS

WAS tHINKING ABOUT PICKING IT UP.
WHAT DO YOU THINK? .THANKS IN ADVANCE
TIRES $500 I CAN GET EXHAUST $400i CAN DO TOO I GUESS AN ALTERNATER $60HOPFULLY AND MAYBE ACTUATERS FOR THE HEADLIGHTS?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
headlights could be as simple as a hose off, or more serious parts defective..how much for the car? engine running good? auto or manual? A/C , working?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
headlights could be as simple as a hose off, or more serious parts defective..how much for the car? engine running good? auto or manual? A/C , working?
RUNS REALLY REALLY GOOD NO SMOKE OR KNOCKS HE WANTED 5000 BUT I GOT HIM DOWN TO $3500. auto ac is all there maybe needs a charge has orig duel snorkel air cleaner too.
I just spoke to the guy going to look at it again tomorrow
just added pics

URL=http://img26.imageshack.us/i/3nd3pc3l95o35z45p1abq45.jpg/]
[/URL]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thats a good price, but is it a 78 or79
Somthing about it, i just likethat this guy owned it for ten years he did trailing arms rear, calipers, new seats and then never drove it it.
i,m going to do the few mecahanical things it needs.
tires exhaust get it to charge then just drive it.
the int is pretty much nice already.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Somthing about it, i just likethat this guy owned it for ten years he did trailing arms rear, calipers, new seats and then never drove it it.
i,m going to do the few mecahanical things it needs.
tires exhaust get it to charge then just drive it.
the int is pretty much nice already.
the owner before me had it for 20 something years bought parts for it but never installed them so for the same price I got the car and fixed it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
the owner before me had it for 20 something years bought parts for it but never installed them so for the same price I got the car and fixed it
Well got the car today
to my surprise it is a 79 lol not a 78

First thing i did was put an alternater it's now charging threw a set of plugs in too. I have to do the oil next even know it's clean, been sitting. rund pretty good as alittle shake probably a vacume line there are so many on this car. well here are some better pic's enjoy.

[IMG=http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6474/dscn1131n.jpg][/IMG]

·
Registered
584 Posts
hows the interior? (since its at your house now and you can see it better)
allot of people confuse the 78 and 79, i have had mine for 4-5 years and my cousin still tells people i have a 79(not mad at the idea just wrong info.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
hows the interior? (since its at your house now and you can see it better)
allot of people confuse the 78 and 79, i have had mine for 4-5 years and my cousin still tells people i have a 79(not mad at the idea just wrong info.)
Not too bad the fellow who had it before me did the carpet and the seats, The door panels are ok no tears just old,the dash seems nice too. he did not finish the rear compartments. he did give me the new trim and carpet for that , just have to glue and screw. could use a steering wheel do you know how the repro wheels are from corvette america. for $99 bucks?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts