Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 1984 corvette is parked out front and the neighbours have all turned into experts on American performance cars. They seem to like it but some have mentioned the dodgy looking interior with all the plastics. I must admit there is alot of plastic but when it rains the plastics just wipe clean. I need new door and window rubbers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You might respond with something like:
The plastic pieces are part of the overall weight reduction design package including the fiber glass body + it has fiberglass springs! It also has aluminum suspension components all designed to reduce weight, improve acceleration, decrease braking distance & improve cornering due to a lower mass centroid axis.
Heck, even the brake calipers and wheels are aluminum to reduce unsprung weight :~) You want a wooden interior buy a Buick, this is a sports car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My new 1984 corvette is parked out front and the neighbours have all turned into experts on American performance cars.
Not to be nosy...well, OK, a little nosy...but how does the value of a Corvette compare over there to "regular" automobiles?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts