Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just bought a 07 z06....... I had a 09 with a LS3, I had a B&B Bullet exhaust on the LS3. Well when I sold the LS3 I kept the exhaust and was thing about saving some money by just putting the 2.5 inch B&B bullet on the 07 Z06. I know I would have to put a 3 to 2.5 reducer to make it work.

My question is would this really hurt my power.... Or could I save $1200 by using the one I have???

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I don't think you'll see any measurable difference. The base C6 pipes are 2.5" all the way from cats to mufflers. The Z06 pipes start at 3", but they narrow down to 2.5" just before they enter the muffler. If your B&B mates up to the Z06 pipes, then nothing is changed in terms of the narrow down.

Narrowing well down range from the header is less of a problem than if it occurred upstream. As the exhaust gas travels down the pipes past the X crossover, the gas is cooling, so the pressure for a given amount of gas is decreasing. I've seen plenty of cammed 550 RWHP Z06 cars running the stock exhaust cans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts