Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the stock a/c compressor work with synthetic freon, since it advertised 20* cooler than regular
(summer days down here 100+) or is it better to just cover the t-tops

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Did you convert your system to R-134a or is it the original R-12? I ask because I don't think they make a syn. R-12 unless you are referring to Freeze 12. which is a blended Refrig. :vomitbuddy:

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
H/R is right, there s no r-12 synthetic that I ve seen either.. unless your system has been converted to r-134, you can t use the synthetics.. I use them in mine, and it is colder,much faster.. but it must be converted first

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
H/R is right, there s no r-12 synthetic that I ve seen either.. unless your system has been converted to r-134, you can t use the synthetics.. I use them in mine, and it is colder,much faster.. but it must be converted first
Did you really notice a difference? I'm thinking about doing my truck (Evac and recharge) The best the system will do, aside from quoting ambient air and R.H., is about 50°F DAT, where it should be around 44-46°F

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
yes, it gets cold much faster .it use to take several minutes to get cold, after switching to the synthetic, its cold almost immediately. I checked it couple years ago,and was getting 42* at the center vent on max.. its as good as my C5 is

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes I converted to R-134 (just checking) don't wanna wast 30 buck on freon if I need new parts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do I have to flush the system or just release the pressure and add the the oil and can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts