Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Smokin Manufacture
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
★ (VIDEO) NEW Product The Most Revolutionary Method To Hook Up A Battery Tender

I made this for my Z06, also works for the C6, GS, Zr1 and C6 (complete plug n play kit $69 ($10 off for the fourm)) Battery tender not included .

I refused to have a battery tender prior to this because I would not run wires over my car or through the window. I wanted a simple attach and drive away method so I would not have to worry about disconnecting it. No you can charge the car and not worry about someone else having to disconnect it to use the car.

I hooked the battery tender cables (one with eyelets) to the + on the fuse box and the ground on the frame. There is already an opening in the by the horn to run the wire so no cutting or modifications.

The connectors are a proprietary system that use a magnetic system to couple and only engage power once coupled. It's amazing since you can't hook it up incorrectly and once disconnected no power at the car side so no chance for a short (plus the tender cable is fuse protected anyway). It's also 100% water (can take pressure washing), dust proof and hooks to the standard battery tender connectors.

For now I have a simple mount that just slips on over the grill and can be removed anytime (most likely the spring/summer season). I just get in the car and drive away (see video). Other big plus is that if the car was dead and you did not have the tender hooked up, you could just pop it on and charge the car without getting in.

ORDER LINK

Click for Video

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
pretty cool
I'd buy one but I drive mine daily

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Great idea...How many times did you pull away with the charger plugged in before you came up with that idea?:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just Ordered One

I've been waiting for something like this! I'll update this post once I get it installed, but I know it will work great.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Ed,

This is a very cool idea! One of the best ones that I've seen in a while.:thumbsup3:

Could this work on a C5Z and instead of mounting it to a grill using the air dam?

I really want one :D

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Got to get me one of these!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been waiting for something like this! I'll update this post once I get it installed, but I know it will work great.
I'm thinking about this myself, any update?

·
Registered
49 Posts
What kind of tender do you have ? I really like this product does it work with any tender? I was thinking of getting the ctek 3300 one.

Thanks

Kev

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I installed mine a few days ago. Took me 10 minutes. Works great! No more snaking a cord through the window! I bought two. Will be putting one on the CTS in a few days!

Ed's products are innovative and quality and the service is exceptional. Thanks, Ed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I couldn't make-out how this works!

Do you have to cut a hole through your floorboard or firewall to connect to a fuse (only fuse box I've seen in my car is on the floorboard front of the passenger)? Or does it connect directly to the tender's battery clamps?

How do you route the connector cable to the front grill?

·
Smokin Manufacture
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I couldn't make-out how this works!

Do you have to cut a hole through your floorboard or firewall to connect to a fuse (only fuse box I've seen in my car is on the floorboard front of the passenger)? Or does it connect directly to the tender's battery clamps?

How do you route the connector cable to the front grill?
instructions are here

Install instructions

1 - 20 of 28 Posts