Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After coming and going intermittantly for the last few months, it's now not working at all. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, nothing. It has power, displays one short dash and two long ones unless I try cycling through the various metrics that are available to look at on it. It will go up or down numerically, but if I stop on one number and select it, nothing. I've tried disassembling and cleaning the controller and even bought a used one to try. It does the exact same thing. Also the fan blows at maximum all of the time unless I pull fuse number 43, Heater and A/C Programmer. No codes are showing on the car either. Any ideas?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had this same intermittent problem with my 94 coupe. Disconnecting/reconnecting battery helped. I bought a use controller out of a 96 coupe but sold the car before I swapped it out. The controller I have is for sale. Reply to your post or send personal message to me thru SV if your are interested.
photo (2).JPG photo.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have an extra controller now, too. Because the problem was a couple of power capacitors in the programmer which Bryan at batee.com replaced for me. He also sent pics of it working properly on his bench.
Hopefully it will work just as well in the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's good to here you resolved your issue. It's a pain when things don't work right. From what I read...this is a fairly common problem with these delco units. The PC boards and components/solder joints fail. At the time mine was going bad...no one was repairing them. Good referral for the group.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was just thinking....why don't you post some pictures of your car....or at least add it as your avatar?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts