Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably old news for most of you old timers on the forum, but I don't want to chase my tail if one of you can give me a quick solution. Here's what's happening...I get in the driver's seat; everything looks good; put the key in the ignition; dash lights come on as they should; go to crank; all power goes away, and doesn't come back. When it does, same condition. Just so you know, I by-passed the VATS two years ago and had no issues til now, and I realize it's acting like a VATS thing as far as I can tell. I don't have a key fob so I don't use PKE, but I do see that pop up in ther display once in a while. I'm guessing it has something to do with security, and I would love to eliminate it altogether. I'm grateful for any assistance---Bill B

· Registered
5,591 Posts

· Registered
2,849 Posts
all power goes away, and doesn't come back.
I realize it's acting like a VATS thing as far as I can tell.
To get where you are at , VATS has to be working and allowing the starter to be connected.
If VATS was disabling the starter , absolutely NOTHING would happen when you turn the key.
As the others state , something is preventing full batt power ( assuming your batt is good and fully charged ????) getting to the starter.
Bad / dirty / loose connections at battery or at the starter and / or the ground for the Neg cable on the block

Next time you do it, watch the Volt gauge and see the before and after readings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.