Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay new to the site and our vette. I found the car in a in a barn and it had sat for for 9 years. I cannot bleed the rear brakes. Tried pressure bleeding, by passing rubber lines, no fluid. If I run the car and step on the brakes with 2 feet I may get some pedal movment and some fluid some of the time. The pedel just does not want to depress. Im on the second master because I pushed so hard on the pedal I blew the seal on the original.
The ABS self tests and works, and there are no lights or codes. If the car did not roll across the painted garage floor with the brake pedal depressed I would have never known. Scared the SH** out of me. fortunately no damage caused when it ran into stuff. I reenacted with my wife watching and she said the front brakes stop but the rear wheels are still pushing.
Yes i have an FSM on the way. Once I have that I will figure out what line is coming from the master and confirm there are no blockages in that. Any Ideas would be helpful and appreciated.
Im losing the summer fast but want to be safe if my wife and son are driving it.
Brought it to a mechanic and he was stumped. His best advice was to ask in the forums.

Im going nuts! Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have actually narrowed it down by disconnecting the rear brake feed in and out on the ABS unit. I could not bleed the unit it self so I put a little (little) air to it both sides with no results or so I thought. Once I hooked up the feed from the master and stepped on the brake I got bubbles, fluid, and my pedal went to the floor. Unfortunately it went away after one or 2 pumps. started the car and got a liitle more out of it. Here's the kicker if you apply pressure and tap the top of the unit on the rear line side with a socket wrench the system bleeds and your foot goes to the floor a couple times and then you have to repeat. Is there any possibility that it is one of the relays for the solenoids? ( I hope). I have clean fluid coming out but cannot get any more improvement out of the bleeding. Does anybody rebuild these things?

· Registered
30 Posts
I have actually narrowed it down by disconnecting the rear brake feed in and out on the ABS unit. I could not bleed the unit it self so I put a little (little) air to it both sides with no results or so I thought. Once I hooked up the feed from the master and stepped on the brake I got bubbles, fluid, and my pedal went to the floor. Unfortunately it went away after one or 2 pumps. started the car and got a liitle more out of it. Here's the kicker if you apply pressure and tap the top of the unit on the rear line side with a socket wrench the system bleeds and your foot goes to the floor a couple times and then you have to repeat. Is there any possibility that it is one of the relays for the solenoids? ( I hope). I have clean fluid coming out but cannot get any more improvement out of the bleeding. Does anybody rebuild these things?
this is a thread I started, look what I found when I took mine apart. as far as I know no one even takes them apart, I did and found a broken spring in the bottom of one of the chopper motors, lots of very small parts

http://www.smokinvette.com/corvetteforum/showthread.php?t=63594

· Registered
30 Posts
this is a post that shows where the lines go http://forums.corvetteforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/84553/cat/500/ppuser/25397

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.