Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after driving car for an hour or so, started acting like it ran out of gas. except it would idle ok. push pedal and it sounds like its misfiring. limped it home. checked for any loose connections, burnt wires, etc. nothing obvious found. after about 15 min. i restarted car and it ran fine. so, i replaced coil thinking this was the problem. went and drove for awhile, and had same problem. limped home, killed car, and restarted and it ran fine. does anyone have an idea as to what would cause this. im lost and getting aggravated... thanks for any help.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I had a dirt bike that did that it end up beening a bad ignition control (CDI box) it would work fine when it was cold but after it got hot it would do what your saying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
has a code 44 in computer. lean exhaust. would this suggest low fuel pressure. maybe a bad pump? injectors are new. accel 24lb.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
after driving car for an hour or so, started acting like it ran out of gas. except it would idle ok. push pedal and it sounds like its misfiring. limped it home. checked for any loose connections, burnt wires, etc. nothing obvious found. after about 15 min. i restarted car and it ran fine. so, i replaced coil thinking this was the problem. went and drove for awhile, and had same problem. limped home, killed car, and restarted and it ran fine. does anyone have an idea as to what would cause this. im lost and getting aggravated... thanks for any help.

It sounds like you have a plugged fuel filter. Look under the car on the right side just ahead of the passenger's feet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot "toobroke". you put me on the right path. filter was full of black crap. pulled the fuel pump and the rubber boot that wraps around it was disentegrated. little pieces from the size of a grain of sand to big chunks in the tank. the sock on the pump was busted too. replaced pump and filter and so far no problems...thanks again

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
thanks alot "toobroke". you put me on the right path. filter was full of black crap. pulled the fuel pump and the rubber boot that wraps around it was disentegrated. little pieces from the size of a grain of sand to big chunks in the tank. the sock on the pump was busted too. replaced pump and filter and so far no problems...thanks again

You're welcome Kieth. As the fuel filter is under the car (and probably filthy) a lot of owners don't know it's there. There are some very knowledgeable people in this forum who can help you out with any future problem you have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts