Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am new to the forum. The first few posts of this will be a copy from another forum i am on. Forum member "shaggy" recommended me to come over here and post my build also.

Ill start off by saying this vette has been in our family since i was 7, i am now 25. My parents bought it and where the second owners. when they bought it, it was completly original, it even had the original bias ply tires from 75. It stayed stock up untill I was 18. Then i pulled my 383 out of a truck i had to install a bbc, after a little persausion i talked my old man into putting the 383 in the vette. We drive it like that for a few years, untill the paint started cracking and looking pretty ragged. In 2010 we worked on stripping off the paint. Well life got in the way and it sat in the garage untill summer of 2012. Then i got started in it pretty much full time after work each night.

since this last summer i have been sanding, sanding and sanding. Last week I ordered new fiberglass front and rear bumpers to mold in (they should be here next week). Last night i put on the fresh rebuilt holley 780 and stainless sidepipes.

I will continue to update this thread. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Mods done.
383 stroker fully forged rotating assembly with double hump reworked heads
550lb front coil springs
fiberglass adjustable rear leaf spring
Bilstein shocks on all 4s

To do list
Eventually after paint a ls 6.0 swap
rebuild front end with moog and polyureathane bushings (sitting on shelf in garage)
autometer gauges
redone interior

When we pulled it in the garage in 2010

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got home today and this was on my porch...... ya buddy.

Called a few buddies and slapped it on. Didnt have to much time, so there is still some alignment to do on it. The hood is not latched in these pictures either. But you get the idea.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a little time today to mock up the rear bumper. Fits pretty good, less then a 1/4 inch on either side of the body.

didnt have time to glue it because i couldnt get anyone over to help hold it while i got the nuts started. hopefully sometime this week i can clue it and do some fiberglass next weekend.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
been sanding and sanding and sanding, almost ready for primer on the back half, jambs, and doors. Only worth while thing to take a picture of is the new back wheels and tires.

18x9.5 wrapped with 285/40/18

· Registered
10,507 Posts
Use only manifold vacuum for your vacuum advance. The "ported" vacuum was an attempt by G.M. to reduce oxides of nitrogen and was discontinued after several years. With manifold vacuum the engine's response at low rpm's will be much better.

· Registered
5,591 Posts
more pics !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.