Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 73 vette. I have the summit racing full length headers, the issue is that the end of the headers are on a slight downward angle . I need to know if there is piping with that special angle I can buy online to come off the headers and then go through the trans cross member holes,so i can then dump flowmasters after the cross member where there is room.
I just need to know if there is a specific secondary pipe i can buy with the proper angle . or do i have to get it custom made .

any help with this would be appreciated!

thanks ,
Joe with the 73

·
Registered
263 Posts
The custom muffler shop is the way to go like David said.

I do have one question. Why would you mount the mufflers after the crossmember where it could be drug off by a speed bump? What is wrong with mounting the mufflers in the stock location by the spare tire holder?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The custom muffler shop is the way to go like David said.

I do have one question. Why would you mount the mufflers after the crossmember where it could be drug off by a speed bump? What is wrong with mounting the mufflers in the stock location by the spare tire holder?
I have the solid rear valance for factory side pipes. there are no cut outs. I think there is plenty of room behind the crossmember to fit a small flowmaster super 10 muffler. It is only temporary until i can afford hooker side pipes. :]

so I guess im off to a muffler shop for custom secondary pipes. thanks everyone for the input!

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Like everyone said, a muffler shop can make a reducer to fit whatever angle you require...shouldn t cost much..as to dumping behind crossmember..unless you can turn them out away from car, you will put an enormous amount of heat on your differential and axles..they need cool air flow from under car to keep their temps down..and Welcome to C3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like everyone said, a muffler shop can make a reducer to fit whatever angle you require...shouldn t cost much..as to dumping behind crossmember..unless you can turn them out away from car, you will put an enormous amount of heat on your differential and axles..they need cool air flow from under car to keep their temps down..and Welcome to C3.
thanks bud.

My plan was to dump them both on a slight angle outward. im not worried about heating the diff or axles because they wont be aimed that way at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.